Let’s talk the brass tacks and bare bones essentials of digital marketing, shall we?
There’s no denying that for online entrepreneurs, social media is one of your most important and highly leverageable tools.
However — insert controversial opinion alert! — when it comes to digital marketing, your email list is your bread and butter. If you want to grow and scale your online brand, you need to know how to grow and nurture your email list.
You don’t own the contact information for your Facebook group members, Instagram followers, or Pinterest followers. Those social platforms do.
If you get locked out of your accounts for any reason, you lose your ability to communicate with your tribe.
If you unknowingly violate protocols, you lose your ability to communicate with your tribe.
When you have your tribe’s email addresses, however, you have complete and total autonomy over your audience and therefore your market, with the ability to communicate with them on your terms.
I hear all the time how difficult it feels to grow your email list. And if that’s you, take a deep breath! You’re not alone.
Here is my top piece of advice for growing your email list virally in a very short amount of time:
Create an online quiz!
That’s right. Channel your inner 90s kid, teleport yourself back to Cosmopolitan quiz days, and create an online quiz specific to your unique value proposition based on your zone of genius. And — how conventient! — if you don’t know what your zone of genius is, shimmy on over to my Zone of Genius quiz to find out!
The beauty of creating an online quiz built directly around your expertise and the value you provide your customers is two-fold:
- You have the ability to ask potential leads high-quality questions that give them information about themselves they didn’t previously have.
- You automatically segment your list based on the responses you receive, meaning, based on the quiz type you go with, that you know more specifically what their problems are and how you can serve them.
- By authoring a quiz, you establish yourself as an industry expert and thought leader in your particular area of expertise.
Some examples of famous quizzes are:
Kaye Putnam’s Brand Archetype Quiz – Melissa Ambrosini’s Superpowers Quiz Yogi Cameron’s Ayurvedic Dosha Quiz
Ask yourself this:
- What value do I provide my customers? (i.e. lose weight)
- What quiz can I create to show/educate/support my audience to achieve the results they desire?
There’s no more viral way to grow your list, expand your impact and bring high-quality value to your ever growing tribe.
If you’re looking to create a quiz, my hands-down, no-brainer recommendation is Try Interact. I’m a proud affiliate for Try Interact as I’ve seen the power their software contains and it is SO easy, even if you’re not a tech person.